Competition Team Rules
Competition is for the more serious and dedicated dance student who wants to take dance to another level. Therefore, based on technique, teacher recommendation, classroom ettiquette, attendance and ability to pick up choreography, students are invited to be part of the Competition Team.
Parents will be expected to help competition students. Please be aware that extra shoes and accessories may have to be purchased and costumes may cost more as a result.
Competition can be a positive experience. It is an outlet for dancers to perform in front of other dancers and an opportunity to receive feedback from industry professionals.
All students are invited to join a competition team - students will be evaluated for placement on teams. Any student may decide to participate in a Solo, Duet, or Trio.
1) You must take ballet as required in your team contract. We teach ballet specific to our competition routines.
2) If you commit to a team, you are required to attend 3 regional competitions and Nationals. We may also offer an optional competition - which is up to each dancer.
3) Once you have started a duet or trio, you are committed to that routine for the entire dance season.
4) You must wear Beyond Dance apparel or costumes onstage at award ceremonies
5) There are many fundraising opportunities. All fundraising profits must be used in the dance season in which it was earned. Fundraising profits can not be used by any other family than who it was earned by.
6) All costumes will be chosen and approved by the teachers only and hand studded.
7) As of Oct 15th, all teams are finalized. After that date, you are obligated to all tuition, costumes and entry fees associated with that team if you should drop for any reason.
8) In the event that the studio can not attend a scheduled competition ( i.e weather, pandemic) the fees paid will be credited to only those students who are actively enrolled in the current year's dance program. Credits will be applied to the next scheduled competition(s) and must be used within 6 months from when the credit was issued. If for any reason your child stops dancing all credits will be forfeited.
**** Please email us directly with any questions or concerns so we can resolve any matters privately within a 48 hour period.